I must have been better than I thought!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



When I joined the Secret Santa exchange in the Pub at Two Peas I wasn't expecting much. I was just feeling the holiday spirit and hoping to meet some nice people. WOW! What a positive experience this has been for me! I get to play Secret Santa to a very nice lady who's scrap work I admire very much, but I can't say too much about that yet as I haven't revealed myself yet.

What I can tell you is that I was treated "royally" by my Secret Santa.... er, I mean Elf. She went by the name of Karen Carters Chief Elf and even created a special email account just so we could chat without ruining the surprise. She really put a lot of effort into making this a wonderful event for me. She sent me a Starbucks card for Halloween, so she obviously knows the way to my heart. She sent me a beautiful tin filled with clues, which I posted photos of here already. We spent lots of time emailing one another, but she had to be more secretive so I wouldn't figure out who she was. Well, yesterday I received the "big gift" and let me tell you.... It was HUGE!!! I decided I would sit myself down in front of my xmas tree with the box, my laptop and my camera so that I could type to her as I opened each item and I took lots of pictures so she could feel like she was there with me. The photos are awful, but I was shaking and trying to take them myself so please excuse my goofy faces and blurry shots. Inside this box were so many items from my wish list and even more than I could have ever hoped for. I was literally shaking and my heart was racing as I opened the gifts. My favorite things were the things she made me. I am still floored that she found time to create these lovely gifts for me during the busiest time of the year. She embellished two round hat boxes with my favorite Blitzen papers and filled them with all kinds of fabulous goodies (Godiva chocolates included). She also made me a stunning mini book filled with good wishes and her thoughts on being my new friend. Inside the book was her identity and I was shocked! I wavered a couple of times on who I thought she may be, but in the end I was way off base. I guess I think I am a better detective than I really am. Anyway, I am so thrilled to know Patty now and to call her my friend. We have loads in common and the last item on my wish list is that I can meet her some day to hug her and thank her personally for the kindness and generosity she has shared with me. I called her on the phone today because I just wanted to hear her voice and tell her what a great thing she did. She probably thinks I'm some crazy nut because I was gushing over her so much, but I'm a bit sleep deprived today so I'm feeling extra chatty and goofy. If you are reading this, Patty... Thank you one more time!















8 Responses to “I must have been better than I thought!”

  1. Blogger Cindy Lee 

    WOWZER!!! Karen, I'm SO happy that you were blessed so much by your Secret Santa - it couldn't happen to a sweeter person! Have fun with all that loot!!! My SS has blessed my socks off, too, so I can relate to how thrilled you are! hugs to you, Cindy Lee

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well I can honestly say I enjoyed being your Elf more than you'll ever know. I really hope this experience means we each have a new friend. I look forward to getting to know you even more as time goes on...so I Thank YOU, Karen. For being such a fun person to be a santa to! Let's stay friends, ok?

    Patty Elf

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    WHAT BEAUTIFUL THINGS! Wow, such a generous elf you had...what fun!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    WOW WOW WOW! Look at all those goodies!!! Lucky girl! :o)

  5. Blogger Michele 

    what a great secret *elf* suprise!! what a blessing to have such a wonderful pairing between the two of you...seems like you were meant to be paired for this game. Have a great *creative* time with all that you received!!

    Merry Christmas!!!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Karen, what goes around comes around. You are such a wonderful friend to so many people. I firmly believe in KARMA. So your Christmas surprise doesn't "surprise" me at all.

    I adore you!

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Karen--I love you, but when are you going to write about your extended family??? Say, maybe a cousin that is extra special??????

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    wow-eee! What an amazing experience and a great way to make a new friend. All that Blitzen had me drooling at my end of the computer! :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3