I LOVE THIS MAN!!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I just want to shout it from the rooftop! DREW IS THE PERFECT MAN FOR ME!! He is a handsome, sincere, supportive and loyal husband. Drew has been here for me during the darkest and brightest hours of my life. Do you know that he literally saved my life when I was pregnant with Noah? Well, he did! I am thrilled that I get to spend every day of the rest of my life with this beautiful man.

I have millions of reasons to love him, but here are just a few... He kisses me every day before he leaves the house. He calls me from work or sends me humorous little emails during the day. He runs me bubble baths at night and then checks in to see if I need a drink or a fresh towel. He snuggles with me on the couch while we watch our favorite TV shows. He encourages my hobbies and interests. He even looks at all of my scrapbook layouts and offers constructive critisism. He picks up Starbucks or dinner without any complaints. He listens when I talk. He makes me laugh all the time because he is just hilarious. He can fix almost anything around the house. He takes care of ALL of the bills and financial stuff, so I don't stress out over it. He is always doing little (and big) things to make my life easier, happier, more relaxed or more fun. He sends me on spa days and scrapbook retreats and while I'm gone he sends me little love notes on my phone telling me how much he is enjoying his time with our kids. He surprises me with the most fabulous and gnerous gifts (my first brand new car, concert tickets, dirt bike, Digital Rebel camera, photography classes, jewelry, Starbucks cards, furniture, a giant spa tub, an adorable pink iPod, iBook G4, and so much more) because he thinks I deserve it. He encourages me to treat myself special. He never ever speaks down to me or raises his voice with me. He likes my cooking! He even does dishes and takes out the trash without any hints from me! He is so interesting and he knows something about everything. He is the King of pop culture trivia, I swear! Drew is a caring and involved father. He rolls around on the floor or in the grass with his kids and he doesn't care who's watching. He even decorates the boys' birthday cakes each year! How cool is that?! He plays like a pal, but is also a firm disciplinarian. He jumped right into his daddy role from the very minute Noah was born. Drew bathes the kids and changes dirty diapers without having to be asked. He cooks them breakfast on the weekends or takes us all out for pancakes. He communicates well with his boys and teaches them to respect others and themselves. He sets an excellent example for his children by doing good deeds and helping others. He is so brilliant when it comes to parenting and it's comforting to know that we share the same goals for our family. To know him is to love him. He really is the greatest man on Earth and he's mine - ALL MINE! How did I get so lucky to have the perfect man for me? I don't have a clue, but I surely don't take him for granted.

OK, just so you know I'm level headed and not totally blinded by love... there is one little thing I would change about him if I could. I would turn him into a coffee drinker. I swear, that's it. It's the ONLY thing I would change. It drives me nuts that he doesn't like coffee. You may think this is silly, but coffee is more than just a drink to me. It's a social and bonding thing. I grew up watching my folks share coffee with friends, family and neighbors. I wish the man drank coffee. THERE!!! I said it!

Here are couple of my favorite photos of him.... The photo above was taken for the management team at his office. The one on the rocks is from our wedding day. We eloped to Tahoe and got married in snowsuits in the freezing cold. I included photos of him holding our boys for the first time. I also included a photo of him laughing because it makes me happy!




11 Responses to “I LOVE THIS MAN!!!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh Karen I just cried when I read your blog this morning (at 5 am..lol). I have been lucky enough to see this amazing man in action and he truely is one of a kind. You are a lucky girl...now if we can just clone him :)
    Love you both!
    L

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wow, what a great "ode" to the husband!! Great entry!

  3. Blogger Jaime Warren 

    What a beautiful, loving and toching post Karen!!! He sounds like one amazing guy!!!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    What a wonderful man you have there. Thanks for sharing.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    this is so sweet. Inspires me to write my DH a little note. They sound a lot alike!
    -zbs

  6. Blogger Shell 

    Wow... what a great guy! and what a beautiful tribute to him, too!

  7. Blogger Unknown 

    What a fabulous post! You are lucky to have found each other :D

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    whoa... he sounds like an unbelievable man.... lucky you!
    Sherry

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Karen- how amazing is he! def. a keeper! i lovce this post to him! there is nothing like being in love with your huisband! and i just love all the photos! :)

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    It sounds like you all had so much fun!!!!

  11. Blogger Jana 

    Does he have a brother perhaps?? I have a few single friends who would love to meet them if he does!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3