We Said, "CHEESE"!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Today was the day that I have been waiting months for!

We hired Tara Whitney (an amazing photographer and super sweet lady) to take our family portraits. Nope, not those run-of-the-mill, stiff and contrived looking mall portraits. Not perfect people in matchy matchy clothes with forced smiles, but us... the Carters! These are the real deal! OK, I admit that I might have given her permission to edit out any blemishes, wrinkles, dark circles, eye bags, double chins, belly bulges and excess hippage on my photos, but if I was very wealthy that would be my reality so it's not really cheating. Ha!

The boys were so feisty and not at all interested in cooperating. They spotted the sidewalk chalk we brought and could not be persuaded to wait until later to play with it. Cole even drew a bright blue line down his face just as we were getting started. I was actually getting a little bit embarrassed and frustrated with them, but Tara kept her cool and assured me that this was normal and she could handle it. She is such a pro. Had it not been for her relaxed attitude and big smile, I would have been in tears and the boys would have been grounded for life!!

She even left a message on my phone tonight to tell me that she looked over the photos and I could breathe a sigh of relief because there are some really good ones. I am thrilled to know that she is happy with the shoot. She is a brilliant photographer and we were lucky to get on her schedule before the holidays. Now, I am going to go nuts waiting to see the final photos. I can't even begin to express how excited I am! I'll keep you posted.


6 Responses to “We Said, "CHEESE"!”

  1. Blogger Sandra 

    That's sooo cool K!
    Can't wait to see the photo's!!!
    Your friend, Sandra

  2. Blogger Birgit 

    Karen, you are a lucky girl! I'm sure the pictures are just beautiful, hope you post them asap. Would love to see them!

  3. Blogger Birgit 

    Isn't it funny that all people that posted on this are dutch... well... living in the Netherlands that is!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    K-
    I am truly jealous...I would kill for a Tara photo shoot....You are so lucky. Can't wait to see them...I strive to be like her. her photos are amazing!
    Cari

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i just looked at the photos and on seeing your comment i had to come by. you have a lovely family and the pics are gorgeous. i love the colors your kids wore for the shoot and i cannot even tella little tiny bit that they gavbe you such grief! i was looking at the pics and thinking MY kids would never be so good for such a shoot! i'm happy to hear good photos are possible even when you have young wild children! (with the right photographer)

    and might i say, your husband is quite the handsome man! of course, he isn't exactly suffering to look across the breakfast table at you ;)

  6. Blogger Jana 

    It's one of my ultimate fantasties to be able to have Tara take my pic someday.....you're one lucky gal!! I love looking at her work and the pics of your family turned out beautifully.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3