All About Me (Challenge)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wendy posted this challenge on twoPeasInABucket.com, so I took her up on it. I think this answers all of her questions. : )

My name is Karen, but my husband calls me "Kuken". It means baby chicken... don't ask! I am 36 years old. I was born and raised in Southern California and I have never lived anywhere else. I have two gorgeous little boys and we are very excited to celebrate Christmas, although we are still sad that Halloween is over. Those are my two favorite holidays, so I do everything I can to get my children excited about them as well. We are starting some new holiday traditions this year by including one custom from our various heritages. We will introduce Sinterklaas to kick off the festivities on December 5th, we hang a German pickle ornament on the tree and the child who finds it wins a prize, etc. I started scrapbooking over 11 years ago and I have appeared on TV, been published in magazines and worked on design teams. (You can see all the details in one of my previous blog posts about my 15 minutes of fame.) My favorite food is jambalaya and gumbo from Ragin Cajun in Hermosa Beach. If I can't have that, I'll take a filet mignon, potatoes and asparagus with sauce. Of course, my favorite meal wouldn't be complete if I didn't finish it off with a Starbucks espresso drink and some chocolate. YUM!

I also stole this A to Z of Me from Jana's blog...
A-Age: 36
B-Bed size: California King
C-Chore you hate: folding and putting away laundry
D-Dessert you love: tiramisu
E-Essential start your day item: coffee with lots of flavored creamer
F-Favorite actor(s): Nicole Kidman & Anthony Hopkins
G-Gold or Silver: Platinum
H-Height: 5'6"
I-Instruments you play: not a single one
J-Job title: stay at home mommy
K-Kids: 2 boys
L-Living arrangements: Me, husband and our two little boys
M-Mom's name: Sharon
O-Overnight hospital stay other than birth: yes, I have severe asthma so there have been a few
P-Phobia: the dentist, thunder, heights, spiders, confined spaces, etc etc etc
Q-Quote you like: "Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and step out and danceā€”to live free of regret and filled with as much joy, fun, and laughter as you can stand." ~Oprah Winfrey
R-Right or left handed: right
S-Siblings: 3, I'm a middle child.
T-Time you woke up today: 8:30am
U-Unique habit: I am uncomfortable around new people so I talk too much.
V-Vegetable you hate: cilantro
W-Worst habit: Starbucks because it's expensive.
X-X-rays you've had: teeth, back, neck
Y-Yummy food you can make: I make lots of great stuff. (garlic chicken, chili, stew, BBQ beef, cheesy potatoes, tacos, on and on)
Z- Zodiac Sign: I am a true pisces.

Labels:


11 Responses to “All About Me (Challenge)”

  1. Blogger liannallama 

    Fun entry! Nice to learn more about you!

  2. Blogger Jana 

    I loved reading your answers! Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you'll come back often. I'm still gaga over your photos!! Have a great weekend.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You never talk about your cousins--I hear you have a really cool one!!

  4. Blogger Sandra 

    You're gonna celebrate Sinterklaas?
    Cool!
    Do you want a recipy to make the candy (pepernoten)? Let me know!
    Hugs, Sandra

  5. Blogger Birgit 

    Loved learning a little more about you again! Just to bad the pepernoten and other yummies won't be in time for Sinterklaas but they're on their way!!!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Love your answers Karen! At some point you must share the "Kuken" story. :o) I am going to have to do the A-Z entry in my blog.

  7. Blogger Jennifer S. 

    Love that Oprah quote (and Platinum too)

  8. Blogger Malin a.k.a. Boop 

    Thenk you for sharing! How nice that you are introducing some of the european traditions for your kids! Have a wonderful holiday!

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    What a cool idea with the abc list! I think I'll borrow it, if you don't mind. ;)

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You are sooo cute! And so cool! Just lucky to be friends w/ ya!!! And I want to go cruising w/ you & Nora. LOVE to look @ lights!

    Hope your little dude is better K. No apple juice though!

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    kuchen is a type of german cake that we have at christmas!!!!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3