If We All Do A Little


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Link in title, just click it!)
This morning I was reading my friend, Nora's blog and she had commented on an episode of the Oprah show with Leonardo (hottie) DiCaprio that I tivo'd. It was all about global warming. I was so impressed by the information that both Nora and the show shared. I went to www.stopglobalwarming.org and signed up for the Virtual March. It is a website that was developed to "use the strength of our numbers to urge:

1. The president to initiate a real plan of action to address global warming.

2. Congress to enact new laws to reduce global warming pollution from U.S. power plants, factories and automobiles.

3. U.S. businesses to start a new industrial revolution of clean energy products that will reduce our oil dependence and global warming pollution."

I really want my children (and theirs) to live on a safe and healthy planet, so I promised myself that I would do a few things to better their chances.

1. I will spread the word about global warming and the virtual march campaign.

2. I will continue to recycle and to turn off the water when brushing my teeth.

3. I will change out some light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.

4. I will unplug the extras. I just ran around my house unplugging the extra stuff (camera charger, phone charger, lamps we don't use, scent stories air freshener, etc.). Gosh! We had a lot of extra junk plugged in sucking up energy! I'll bet you do too.

5. I will stop buying paper plates.

6. I will be more responsible in my purchases and take packaging into consideration. Especially this holiday season!

My theory is... if we all do a little, then we all do a lot!

Labels:


2 Responses to “If We All Do A Little”

  1. Blogger Sophia C. 

    I watched part of that Oprah and got distracted then never went back to the recording. Great reminder. I'm sitting in my scrapbook room looking at the DVR, VCR, DVD, my printer, two lamps, a ceiling light, a battery charger, a pencil sharpener, a scanner, my sewing machine... ALL plugged in and on! I'll stand in the repent corner and turn them all off except the lamp right now! Thanks!

    Sophia

  2. Blogger Ashley Calder 

    Gorgeous photos! Your husband sounds amazing -- he must adore you!! :)



    Ashley.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3