Scrapbook Product Drawing For A Good Cause


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sadly, seven years ago this month, my Dad died after a very rough battle with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. My heart will never heal. My sorrow is immense. On the bright-side, I am pleased to say two of my close friends have won battles with Lymphoma in the last couple of years. Because of these connections I have become a regular supporter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I hope you will take the time to read the folowing letter I received from a long-time friend of mine. If you can help even a little, please do.

I have already made my donation and in an effort to help Dennis surpass his team's goal I will personally offer a little incentive! For every $5 donation made to Dennis' Team. I will include your name in a drawing for a package filled with brand new scrapbook items. After making your donation, post a comment here to let me know your name, email address and donation amount. The more donations that are made the bigger the package will be so tell your friends. Maya Road just shipped me a generous donation to add to the prize package and I will post a photo of everything collected so far when that box arrives. A winner will be drawn at the end of April.

Team In Training Website

ETA: Please make sure to post here after you make a donation so I know to include you in the drawing. You can also email me your name, email address and donation amount if you don't want to announce it online. I don't want to leave anyone out unintentionally. My email is PrincessKaren@Superheavy.com.
-------------------------------------------

Dear Family and Friends,

My legs may wear down. My toenails will likely fall out. I'll burn through more calories in one day than in a weekend spent sweatin' with Richard Simmons' oldies. Fatigue will be a fact of life.
I'll definitely stink.

I'm running a marathon.

As many of you know 2006 was a season in hell for me and my family. For 2007 I've decided to up the ante by training to run 26.2 miles in the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in June. I'm not doing this merely for the catharsis found in pain and physical exertion. Nor am I doing it for the sole glory of testing my personal limits. The main reason I'm taking on this challenge is for my dad, Bud Johnson, who spent the better part of last year undergoing treatment for Mantle Cell Lymphoma.

While the year was rough on all of us Johnsons, Bud also took on the rigors of chemo, radiation, and stem cell replacement therapy. It was an intense treatment schedule that took a toll on him physically, but if you know my dad you'll understand that he never complained once. He came out of it in great shape and is now sporting a head of new curly locks where ruler-straight hair previously grew.

Though my dad will be on my mind with every footfall, there is a bigger picture here. In choosing to run the marathon, I've partnered with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. As a team, our Long Beach chapter is committed to raising thousands of dollars for the society's fight against blood-related cancers. As an individual, I've pledged to raise at least $3,000. I'm asking for your support in reaching this goal.

With his original diagnosis, Bud joined the estimated 112,000 people diagnosed each year with leukemia, Hodgkin's disease, lymphoma and myeloma. Luckily, as my dad's progress shows, there are an increasing number of advances in treatment methods, and the research continues. With your help I'd like to raise awareness for and contribute to this cause, not only for the patients, but also for their families.

Donations are tax deductible and 75% of my pledged amount of $3,000 goes directly toward curing these blood-related diseases. Our tax ID is 13-5644916. Please help by clicking on the link below and give whatever you can before March 10 2007. I look forward to supporting this research, honoring my father and, literally, exercising a few of my demons.

Team In Training Website

With thanks and appreciation,

Dennis


0 Responses to “Scrapbook Product Drawing For A Good Cause”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3