Waimea, good shrimp & a game of Kill Dr. Lucky


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Tuesday we got up early and took a very long drive around the island to Waimea Canyon. It's called the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. It is really beautiful even if it was overcast and windy. The weather made it hard to get any good pics and as a result they look like cheap Knott's Berry Farm backgrounds. The wind wa blowing so hard that the waterfall was even blowing sideways. I got some good photos during the drive though. The red dirt against the blue sky is quite a lovely sight. We stopped at a cute roadside stand called The Shrimp Station in Kaumakani on the way there and everyone loved their lunches.

After we returned to Princeville we went to the market, grabbed yet another Bubba burger and had a short chat with a very cool Rasta man who was sculpting a fountain by hand. We then cleaned up the condo and had everyone over for a little party. We had lots of food and played Kill Dr. Lucky until quite late. Somehow the three kid's all managed to keep hopping until everyone left. We are hoping Wednesday brings some warm weather because we really want to hit the beach again.

This group of photos is rather scattered and out of order like me.











Add: A photo of Drew & I that I forgot to post from a couple of days ago. Sunset in Hanalei.


5 Responses to “Waimea, good shrimp & a game of Kill Dr. Lucky”

  1. Blogger Laura Fiore 

    Karen--so glad you are posting from vacation!! Scanned back a few days and it looks like you are all having a blast! Your photos are gorgeous!

    Enjoy girly, and have something tall and frothy for me!!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    WOO HOO I LOVE these pics!! Ya'll are a BEAUTIFUL family :) Enjoy your vacation cutie!

  3. Blogger Jana 

    MORE great pics, I've loved looking at them & living vicariously through you!!

  4. Blogger echowein 

    I love your pics! You look like a movie star in that side shot with your sunglasses! Glad to hear you're having a great time.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Gosh dang girl, what kind of camera do you have? You took killer pics babe. Love them all!!!

    Ahhhhh wish I was there!

    Smiles,
    Wendy

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3