Aloha


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Just a quick update after our first day in Kauai. We were up for 22 hours Thursday just traveling and getting settled into our Princeville condo so needless to say, we were totally exhausted. Our morning started off with Noah throwing up as we were taking off our shoes to go through security at the Ontario airport. That was awful, but he hadn't eaten in a couple of days since he was ill. His excitement coupled with an empty stomach didn't go over well. He was fine once we got some food and water into him. There was also a small jet with landing gear troubles circling the airport while we were there. The plane eventually landed safely at another airport, but it was nerve-wracking and upsetting for us to watch while we waited to board our plane. The kids enjoyed the plane rides and behaved really well for the most part. We even saw whales jumping around in the ocean from the plane's window as we were coming into Lihue airport. That was so amazing!

Today we woke up to perfect weather and were ready to begin our adventure. We took a drive to Tunnels Beach. Drew took Noah for a walk down the beach while Cole and sat in perfect silence eating shave ice and soaking in the experience. Noah could never sit still and just soak up the moment like Cole can. He loved exploring a dry cave and searching for dinosaur bones. (He's super-5 and thinks dinosaur bones and buried treasure lie around every corner.) We had the best lunch at Bubba Burgers back in Hanalei. We'll be going there a lot! We really got a kick out of all the roosters and chickens running loose around the island. They are everywhere and it just kept us laughing all day! We went to a farmer's market in Lihue and hit Costco for supplies before having a good dinner back in Princeville. We stopped at Lappert's for ice cream too. The kids are now in bed sound asleep and I am going to hop into my huge spa tub for a soak. What a day! Here are a few photos of our day.

My favorite part was sharing a cherry shave ice on the beach with Cole. Time seemed to stand still for us. The sound of the waves and the breeze through the palm trees is something I will never forget. It was magical.




8 Responses to “Aloha”

  1. Blogger Davinie Fiero 

    Karen! I'm so glad you are having an awesome time! I'm going to keep coming back so that I can live vicariously through your vacation. I didn't think I could head to the tropics with small children for several years... but so far, you are making me think it's possible! LoVe that you saw whales from the plane!

    Have a wonderful time! Aloha to you!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You lucky girl!

    I'm gonna love checking in to see all the pictures because we might be headed there this summer!!

    Enjoy!

  3. Blogger Sandra 

    Sounds like you guys are having a great time!!!
    Enjoy your time in Hawaii.

    ALOHA!

    Sandra

  4. Blogger Sandra 

    Sounds like you guys are having a great time!!!
    Enjoy your time in Hawaii.

    ALOHA!

    Sandra

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Ooooh, Karen...I can name all those places in your photos even without reading your post...LOL! SO happy you got beautiful weather to start your trip...there's a reason Princeville is the most lush and beautiful part...they get the most rain! And how COOL to see the whales so early in the year!! Can't wait to see more of your visit this week...HugZ!

  6. Blogger Jana 

    GORGEOUS pics!! Thanks for the updates from Hawaii...I've been wondering about you guys.

  7. Blogger echowein 

    I'm so jealous! Glad you're having a good time. Enjoy!

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    oh man these pics are FABULOUS Karen! Looks like ya'll are having a grand time!! You deserve it...glad you got to go!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3