A Magical Christmas!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been spending time in the kitchen making caramels and pecan turtles from scratch. We've gone through gallons of hot cocoa and a little egg nog too. We had a big party with my Dad's side of the family last weekend. It was so great to see everyone! Noah and Cole loved having Kyle and Harrison to play with, along with their favorite cousin Kate. On the 23rd we celebrated with my siblings and their families. We had a big dinner, exchange gifts and played a game with tree ornaments. My fabulous cousin, Paul brought a delicious plum pudding that he made from scratch and a ton of lefse! It was a terrific evening!

On Christmas Eve, Drew and I took the boys out to breakfast then we came home and got back into our pajamas to watch movies all day. We had a picnic dinner by the tree and just spent a quiet day snuggling and enjoying each other's company. After the boys baked cookies for Santa and got everything set out for his arrival, we tucked them in and Daddy read "Twas' The Night before Christmas" to them. They were wiped out and went right to sleep. Santa Claus came right on schedule! Noah got a new bike and Cole got a big wheel! They were so excited when they saw them sitting by the tree! They also got new Transformers, Power Rangers and an art easel loaded with supplies. Dad got the usual shirts, tie, belt, socks and a helicopter trip to Catalina with me next month.

I was the luckiest of all this year! Not only did my darling husband actually make al of the stunning wrapping paper for my gifts... he created a clay sculpture for me that will be bronzed soon. It is gorgeous! I'll be sure to post photos when it's finished. He also took my old watch (that belonged to my mom and matches her wedding ring, which is now my wedding ring) to get fixed. It hasn't worked in 20 years so this was a huge thrill for me! Yes, I cried! He gave me tickets to SuperCross on February 3rd, Vera Wang perfume, gorgeous ornaments from Smith & Hawken, a big Paper Source gift card and lots of various other goodies. I feel very loved and just a little bit spoiled too.

I hope your holidays were as amazing as ours. Happy New Year!








Labels: ,


2 Responses to “A Magical Christmas!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Merry Christmas, Karen!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday! :) i swear - you have the cutest boys!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3