Ramble on...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is my last week of Boot Camp! I am so freakin' proud of myself. They really ramp up this last week and I am hurtin' pretty bad today, but it's worth it. We will meet again on Wednesday and Thursday and then it's over. Two days in a row will be tough, but I can do it. They took all my measurements, weight, body fat percentage, etc before we started and we get to compare numbers on Wednesday. I am anxious to see my "after" results. I am also considering signing up to do it again. It was hard to get out of bed in the middle of the night, but it feels good to be taking care of my health. I feel stronger and I can breathe a bit better. I only have 58% lung capacity during exercise, so the hikes and cardio are really important for me. I need to build up my lung capacity to a normal range if I ever want to get scuba certified.

I will reward myself with a girls weekend at Lake Arrowhead on Friday!! Looking forward to it and I am already packed! We are taking all of our scrapping stuff so hopefully I will get some good layouts done. Heck, I still need to scan all of my projects from the last scrap retreat. If I don't scan them as I finish them they sit on my desk forever. Sorry for not sharing more often.

Tomorrow we are having dinner with the Griffins, which is always a pleasure. We are going to this little place called the Quincy Market Cafe (http://www.quincymarketcafe.com). Nora really likes soup and they have some delicious choices there. I am fond of their chicken salad, but everything on their menu is great. Even the kids love it there!

Speaking of the kids, I really need to get going on their Halloween costumes. For several months they have been stuck on the same ones, so I feel it's safe to go ahead and start working on them. I don't think they will be changing their minds before Halloween. Noah is going to be a robot, which should be fun to make. Cole is dead-set on being... are you ready for this?... "a pink flower with a bug on it". How sorry is he going to be when he is 13 and I show the pictures to his friends?! I wonder how many people are going to think he's a girl. Ha! We tried to talk him into a Thomas the Tank Engine costume. Heck, we even bought it in hopes to sway his decision, but it didn't work. He hated it. We took it back the next day and now I need to figure out the best way to make a flower head piece. Any pattern suggestions would be appreciated.

Alright, enough procrastinating by blogging. (Yes, I use my blog to avoid doing stuff. Don't you?) I have got to get my grocery list together, load up the boys and head to the market. I think I'll swing by the Starbucks on my way in the door. It's a latte kind of day!

Have a great week!

PS Here are couple of cute photos of the boys having s'mores at our bonfire on Newport Beach. Great fun!


3 Responses to “Ramble on...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Karen, I just discovered your blog and I love it!
    This boot camp thing sounds cool as heck man....I wish we had something like that around here.
    Hang in there and sounds like you're doing great.
    :)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    karen - i am so impressed with your dedication!! go YOU!! :)

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Woohoo, you go girl!!!
    Good luck on the last days of bootcamp! You can do it!

    Your boys are getting so big! :)

    Hugs, Sandra

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3