I SURVIVED! (just barely)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As you may know, yesterday was my last day of boot camp (until I sign up again). On the very first day we were timed in a mile run (walk, jog, crawl) and I was pathetic coming in last at 19 minutes and 50 seconds. Yesterday (after 4 weeks of training) I came in at 13 minutes and 30 seconds! Not stellar in the world of runners, but damn good for me! That's 6 minutes and 20 seconds faster than the first time. I'll take that small victory, thank you very much! As if that's not enough, we had to do timed planks and count push-ups. On the first day I was only able to do one push-up and 25 seconds of planks. Yesterday I did 16 push-ups and my plank lasted 1 minute and 10 seconds!!! I really pushed myself these last few days and boy, am I feeling it! Today, I am hobbling around on throbbing thighs, screaming knees and groaning shoulders, but inside I am jumping for joy! After all, I survived and I can't wait to do it again!

Now, if I can just figure out how I am going to drive myself to Lake Arrowhead tonight. ugh! I am so worried that I won't be able to move at all by the time I am supposed to leave. I need a hot bath, vicodin and a massage.

Update at 4:20pm: I can't go on my scrap weekend. I am miserable. Why does getting into shape have to hurt so much?! : {


10 Responses to “I SURVIVED! (just barely)”

  1. Blogger scrapperjen 

    That's awesome, Karen! I'm proud of you - that's a HUGE victory (not small...). Keep it up.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    congrats!and you look great!

  3. Blogger Birgit 

    Oh, that sucks that you feel so miserable right now and you can't go on your weekend! But you gotta be sooo proud of yourself! I'm sure it's worth it!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Awww...you can't scrap??? If it makes you feel better it's pouring here.

    CONGRATS on the Bootcamp success! I only saw you two weeks ago and you looked fabulous then :)

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Karen you rock girl! That is so awesome!!! Congrats cutie!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Karen, look at your WAY cute self!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! I am SO proud of you!!!!!!!! Love ya toots!!!!!! ~Les

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Boot camp?
    Boot Camp?
    Where have I been?
    What have you been doing with yourself, girl??
    You are a nut!!
    A very fit nut, but a nut!!
    You make me feel VERY idle and I don't like it. lol.

    Hope you are doing well!!! Miss ya!

  8. Blogger Jana 

    You are looking just wonderful!!! Way to go, Girlfriend.

  9. Blogger echowein 

    Karen, your face looks soooo thin! I would love to see the rest of your results! 14.5 inches is a lot! Way to go, keep up the good work. :)

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    oh man, karen! i am so happy for you! you look strong and proud! i am really impressed with your dedication - and good for you for signing up again!! you DO rock!! :)

    sorry you couldn't make your scrapping weekend, though. :(

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3