Big Weekend!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a crazy busy weekend that was! Friday Noah received an award at school, so we had to celebrate. He wanted to rent Goonies and have a pajama party, so we covered the floor in the couch cushions and pillows and had a huge picnic-style feast in our living room. Our boys think this is the coolest thing ever!

Saturday we had a family reunion to attend during the day. There was a really good turn out of my Mom's relatives and plenty of delicious food. The boys had so much fun playing games and running around with their cousins. They also came home with a huge bag full of goodies and prizes. One of the highlights of the afternoon was the huge praying mantis we found in the leaves. We brought it over to a picnic table so it wouldn't get trampled while the big kids played ball. It was so cool to check out up close!






Saturday night our friend, Mark came over to watch the boys so Drew and I could go to a Pirate Adventure Dinner is Buena Park. The traffic was insane because it's across the street from Knott's Scarey Farm, but we made it in on time. The seats were terrible and the food was mediocre. The show itself sucked!!! We couldn't understand a word that was said and it was just too corny for words. We actually left during dinner.
Sunday morning we went out to the Lake Elsinore Motocross Track. The weather was perfect. My brother was there to greet us and some of Mark's friends showed up too. The kids love watching their Dad race and I do too. Too bad he had a bad spill that tore up his elbow and then to top it off he took handlebars to his chest. OUCH!






Sunday evening was spent watching Desperate Housewives while we surfed the interent for house for sale in other states. We are really considering kissing the California sunshine goodbye. Our first choices are Washington, Oregon and New England areas.
This morning I was up bright and early at 4:45am to begin round two of boot camp!! The kids woke up when I got home so I didn't get to go back to bed. Instead I dropped Noah off at school, got my car washed, went to the market, took Cole out to lunch at Daphne's and went to Target. Oh, we also took flowers to Drew's grandmother. Now I am cleaning house and answering some emails before I make dinner. No wonder I am always so tired! It's all good stuff!


7 Responses to “Big Weekend!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey toots...your pics you got this weekend are FAB!! Can't wait to see whatyou do with them. GO GIRL on your Round 2 of Bootcamp! WAY proud of you.

    xoxo, Les

  2. Blogger scrapperjen 

    Great pictures - sounds like you were busy!!!!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wonderful pics...

    I lived in Boston for 6 years... it's *very* different. Cold... the weather and sometimes the people. And not necessarily cheaper. Well, at least in Boston.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    karen - what great pictures! looks like you had a nice weekend. :)

    i totally hear ya on the moving out of state thing. it is too tempting sometimes....

  5. Blogger Birgit 

    Great pictures! Sounds ans looks like a fun weekend! TFS!

  6. Blogger echowein 

    Karen, what does your DH do that you could move out of state? I would vote for Seattle area. Been there, have family there. Just curious. Great pics too! Keep up that bootcamp.

    Echo

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    oh wow...so much to comment on!!

    Don't move
    way to go Noah
    good luck with boot camp
    love the bug picture..what is it?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3