Bite the one you love.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Do you remember Pup 'N' Taco? If so, then you probably remember their delicious taco burgers and grape & cherry slushes. Oooh, the fabulous fattening goodness! That is the taste of childhood for me. If I only had a time machine, I would go back to 1980 just to have a taco burger and a cherry slush one last time. I can even remember the taste of their hot sauce that I use to pour all over it. Mmmmm

My Uncle Skip was good friends with Russell Wendell (who is the founder of both Pup 'N' Taco and Big DoNut. Yep, the place with the GIANT doughnut on the roof in Inglewood). According to my Mom, my Grandfather liked to go and help in the kitchen of the South Normandie store just for fun after he retired. She says he liked to be compensated for his work in silver dollars that he shared with his grandchildren on their birthdays. The manager of the Normandie store was Barry Harmon, my uncles best friend since the first grade. I guess that's why we were there so much.

Sadly, Taco Bell bought all the Pup 'N' Taco stores (nearly 100 locations) in the 80's. I guess that's where they got the idea for the Bell-Beefer, which was good but not the same. {hmph!}




3 Responses to “Bite the one you love.”

  1. Blogger Suzanne 

    YES! I do remember Pup N' Taco! I remember the commercial too. As soon as it started to play I remembered the end, "Can we come back tomorrow?" Oh, sweet fast food memories.
    Thanks for posting.
    You should send this in to OCthen.com. Steve there is always looking for things like this.
    Suzanne

  2. Blogger laura 

    i remember them, too - although i never would have if you didn't post this! how funny. i love stuff like this! :)

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I actually worked at the Pup N' Taco on La Cienga in Inglewood when I was in the ninth grade. Tacos and hot dogs were only 19 cents and I made a whole $1.35 per hour. Still have a pic of myself in my white mini uniform and hat.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3