The Wavemaster Dreams


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...






I just spent an entire night dreaming about which training bag I want to buy. It was crazy! I kept talking myself out of the big XXL because it costs so much, but I knew I wouldn't be fully happy with the slightly smaller Powerline... or would I? Then the whole problem of where to put it once I made a choice. Do we really want a punching bag in the bedroom? Will it get too dirty in the garage? Maybe I shouldn't buy one at all. Cheese & Rice!! What kind of freak an I to waste an entire night of dreams on this? Back to the real world... I told Drew that a training bag would be the perfect Mother's Day gift. He thought that was pretty funny. He's really excited about having a wife who's an ass kicker. Ha! My real strategy is to make him decide which one to buy so I can quit worrying about it.

It's funny to me that just a year ago my passion was scrapbooking and all things glitter and glue. Now I am all about how hard I can punch or kick something while trying to maintain perfect balance and position. Every year I make it my mission to learn something new and for 2008 it's Krav Maga. While waiting for our class to start last night a classmate asked me if I was planning on testing for a belt. I told her that I might just because it gave me a goal and she actually said, "you should because you are really good". I was floored! It was so nice to get a compliment like that from a classmate, especially after just a couple weeks of training. It totally pumped me up for the rest of the night. I was partnered with a guy for the evening and he was even impressed by the power of my strikes last night. I was so psyched! I can't wait to hit fight club tonight. Getting strong and healthy is an amazing high. I wish I would have tapped into this source of joy a long time ago! Now, if I can just start eating less junk food. One step at a time.

Labels:


1 Responses to “The Wavemaster Dreams”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    good blog ;)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3