Eight Years of Wedded Bliss


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Yesterday was our 8th wedding anniversary. It seems like just yesterday that we were running off to Lake Tahoe to get married in the snow. It was 20 degrees outside and the officiant and his wife were kind enough to hike down to the shore with us. His wife took the photo above and acted as our witness. I knew I making the best decision of my life by marrying Drew. He has proved to be a loving, loyal, supportive, trustworthy and all-around great partner. He makes me laugh every day and never leaves the house without kissing me. After eight years of marriage , he still calls during the day because he's missing me. I love that! Ok, I see I am getting geared up to ramble on for days about how happy Drew makes me, so I'll just wrap it up. I am looking forward to every minute we will share together for the rest of our lives.

Melting Pot...
Last night, Drew took me to the Melting Pot for a romantic dinner. I loved the tiny private booth in the corner. It was perfect for snuggling up together. Drew even had balloons and a rose waiting for me at our table. He's such a sweetheart. We had the Big Night Out feast and it was great. We LOVED the Wisconsin Trio cheese fondue. It was delicious and we cleaned the bowl. The salads were fresh and delicious, especially with their amazing garlic-wine seasoning sprinkled on top. I'm already kicking myself for forgetting to buy some on the way out. The meat course didn't impress us very much. We chose the mojo cooking style (Caribbean-seasoned bouillon with fresh garlic, orange and lime), as recommended by our server. There are different seasonings on everything (zesty shrimp, vanilla rum chicken, jerk seasoned sirloin, filet mignon, marinated pork tenderloin) and then when that is all cooked in one pot of seasoned broth it gets a bit overwhelming. Plus, they gave us six different dipping sauces. It was just too many flavors at once for us. We finished it all off with the pure dark chocolate fondue. Do I really need to tell you how fabulous that was? We left there groaning because we were so stuffed. I can not wait to go back!


0 Responses to “Eight Years of Wedded Bliss”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3