WWII fighters & bombers to buzz OC at 1:30 pm Today


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





(copied from OC Register)
In a sight never seen locally, three World War II-era fighter aircraft and three bombers will fly will fly in formation along the northern Orange County coastline early this afternoon as they travel to Long Beach for a show.
Hunter Chaney, the events spokesman, says that “two P-51 Mustangs and a P-38 Lightning) and three bombers (B-24 Liberator, B-25 Mitchell and B-17 Flying Fortress) will be together flying formation as the ‘Wings of Freedom.”

The planes will be coming up the coast and should be over Laguna Beach about 1:30 p.m. The planes will then circle the area around John Wayne Airport before returning to the coast. The planes will be flying from Newport Beach to Seal Beach about 1:40 p.m. Chaney says the planes will be traveling about 1,000 feet high, with the bombers in the lead and the fighter planes trailing slightly behind and above the other aircraft.


0 Responses to “WWII fighters & bombers to buzz OC at 1:30 pm Today”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3