Awe Sooky Sooky


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Our good friends, Rich & Sarah invited us to a Dancadelic Groovy Night Gala! It was the 6th Annual Founder's Event for Kids Konnected, a charity that Rich is on the Board of Directors for. (check it out at www.kidskonnected.org) Drew & I put on our foxiest disco attire, while Rich sported a huge black pompador and gold chains. Sarah was looking pretty groovy in a brown feathered evening gown and mink earrings. The dance floor was packed as a band called "Flock of 80's" performed some old favorites in their own rather "unique" style. There were hundreds of amazing auctions including original artwork by an incredible artist named Zoey Stevens, who painted a portrait upside down during the auction. (The painting was upside down - not the artist.) It was a very touching and fun evening! Can you dig it?

Saturday morning I attended a cooking class in Nana Helen's kitchen. She is the mother of one of Drew's coworkers and she has decided to start sharing her talents with others by holding small classes in her home. She taught me so much - fresh, handmade pasta, amazing tomato sauce, fantastic meatballs and even pizzelles!! We had a wonderful time and when the meal was complete we all sat down to eat! That was the best part. Nana Helen is an amazing chef!!! If you are in the OC area and are interested in attending one of her classes, let me know. I will be happy to share her class info with you. : ) You won't be sorry!

This morning I got up at 5:30 am to go to Temecula to walk with my Mom. We race for the cure every single year and it really means a lot to me. My mother is a survivor. Sadly, her sister, Yvonne was not so fortunate. It is very emotional to see so many women affected by breast cancer. Breaks my heart.


7 Responses to “Awe Sooky Sooky”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You guys looked WAY too cute! Glad you had a good weekend! :)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    LOL! Groovy photo! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great picture! Cooking classes sound like a lot of fun!! Have a great week!

  4. Blogger Mary Jo  

    Sorry to hear about your aunt, but so wonderful that your mom is a survivor! I do an annual walk for Juvenile Diabetes every year in support of a former Kindergarten student. It just feels so good to support causes that are important to us and those we love!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you too look ready to throw down and boogie! love those shades your DH has on - too 70's cool - but in style again

    wish I was in the OC - would love to take some cooking classes!

  6. Blogger Cindy Lee 

    oh my goodness!! gimme my dress back!!! I wore that dress to my junior prom - I swear!!! I'll find a picture and send it to you - how funny! that was coughcough32yearsagocoughcough!!!

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    dubeI am so diggin' you two!!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3