Did You Know?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The classic attraction “It’s A Small World” at Disneyland celebrates peace and honors humanity with a joyful boat ride around the globe.

For the first time, guests will be able to see the child dolls dressed as selected Disney characters, in countries where their stories take place.

Originally created for the 1964 New York World's Fair, "it's a small world" has more than 300 Audio-Animatronics® figures.

You can spy such globally recognized landmarks as the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben.

The attraction has wheelchair access and handheld captioning is available.

A stylized sun or moon (“There is just one moon/And one golden sun …” ) appears somewhere in each region (some have both sun and moon.)

The design of the new characters replicates the bold yet childlike designs that were created by Disney Imagineering art director
and color stylist Mary Blair, who was honored as a “Disney Legend” posthumously in 1991.


“It’s a Small World (After All)” Lyrics
It’s a world of laughter
A world of tears;
It’s a world of hopes
And a world of fears.
There’s so much that we share
That it’s time we’re aware

It’s a small world after all.
It’s a small world after all,
It’s a small world after all,
It’s a small world after all,
It’s a small, small world.

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev’ry one.
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide,
It’s a small world after all.

Labels: , ,


0 Responses to “Did You Know?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3