Poor Little Tashi & The Shrieking Women


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This morning I woke up with a nasty hangover from the little party I threw last night. I relaxed in a hot bath for a while then drove out to Temecula to pick up my kiddos from Grandma's house. Grandma wanted to take the boys out to lunch. I wasn't really looking forward to smelling food, but what the hell. While pulling out of her driveway I see a women standing in the street sobbing with a dead (read as: "squished, ripped apart and gooey") cat in her arms. I pull the car back in the driveway and Mom and I run over to help. The poor woman was just a total wreck and the cat was literally dripping from her arms. It was one of the grossest things I have ever seen. My mom went to get a box to put the cat in and a wet towel for the woman to clean up with so I am left standing on the street holding on to a woman I have never met as she weeps for the mess in her arms. (Thankfully, I pulled in across my mom's driveway so the boys couldn't see what was happening from the car.) I just kept talking to her and trying to get her to calm down. She told me her daughter was around the corner looking for their other cat. It turns out they didn't know that THIS cat, Tashi, was even out of the house. They were looking for a different cat! We get her to put poor little Tashi in the box and wipe herself off. She doesn't have a clue how much cat is left on her. She told us she lives across the street so we started to walk her home. I was carrying the box of Tashi, which made me gag over and over again from the stench. (Not a good time for a hangover!) As we near her house, the woman's adult daughter comes around the corner, takes one look at us and loses her mind. She starts screaming and sobbing too. The mom tells her it's not her cat and that it's "Tashi" (their other cat) and the girl shrieks again. She didn't know Tashi was outside either. I send my mom back to the car to sit with my boys and continue to walk the two hysterical women home while trying not to throw up on the way. We get to their house and I put the box down near the garage. I took the towel from the woman and covered the kitty with it. I didn't want the daughter to see poor Tashi like that. They just stared at me and sobbed. The woman asked me if I wanted the towel back. Ummm, GROSS! She was obviously not thinking straight at the moment. I didn't know what to do so I offered my sympathies, hugged the daughter and shed a few tears with them before heading back across the street. It was such an odd situation. I was so sad for these poor woman. Their hearts were broken and here they are stuck with a box of cat. It was just a nightmare. I went back to my moms and scrubbed up before taking the boys to lunch. It was rough to eat after that. When we got back the box was still sitting there in front of the house. I can't imagine what they are going to do with little Tashi now. I just hope the other lost kitty doesn't come home and sniff out the box and run away again.


OK, I'll admit it. I really wanted to call this post "Smelly Cat", but I just couldn't do it.

Labels:


3 Responses to “Poor Little Tashi & The Shrieking Women”

  1. Blogger Suz Broughton 

    This is so sad. That would totally be me and Emily in 10 years. We are so nuts about our animals.
    The fact that all this happened while you were hungover makes the story even better. Is she going to throw up? Is she not going to throw up? Good stuff!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    How horrible! What a terrible ordeal for those women and for you! Yuck! So glad your boys were spared that awful scene. I'm not a cat-lover but LOVE our two dogs, so I can only imagine the horror.

    Yea, good decision to go with the other title :)

    catherine

  3. Blogger Suz Broughton 

    Happy new year!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3