Teaching our children about basic HUMAN RIGHTS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Tonight, on our way out to dinner we saw a young man standing on the corner with a "No on 8" sign. Around him was a family holding "Yes on 8" signs. We grabbed a quick bite then what else could we do but join him?! By the time we got back o the corner (30 minutes later) there was a crowd of 15 people with big "No on 8" signs and the "yes" folks had head for the hills. HURRAY! Drew bought a couple bags of fresh baked cookies for everyone and they kindly shared the sidewalk and their signs with us. I was thrilled at all of the honks and cheers from passing cars. There were only a handful of ignorant people shouting really hateful words that fortunately the kids didn't catch. It was a pleasure and an honor to share this evening with our boys. I hope they always remember it!

By the way, please vote NO on Prop 8! It's about equality for ALL people. Read the actual text of the proposition and not just the so-called "christian" spin and lies that are being spread through the media. Then decide for yourself.



Labels:


3 Responses to “Teaching our children about basic HUMAN RIGHTS”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You said it very well, Karen! I don't think 8 will pass. I honestly just don't understand why the Yes on 8 people support this mean spirited measure.

    Hey, it's good to see you posting again. We've missed ya!

    Catherine :)

  2. Blogger On The Roxy 

    Just another reason why I think you are great- you teach your kids amazing life lessons they would probably never learn in a classroom.

    xoxo,

    Roxy

  3. Blogger Michelle Panik 

    (I am lame and originally posted this comment to your previous blog entry. You'd think since I have a blog, I'd know how they work.)

    I think people who feel compelled to tell other people how to live their lives--especially with such a personal aspect as love--must be unhappy on some fundamental level. And for this, I feel sorry.

    On another note, my verification word for this blog comment is "ducha." Which is "shower" in Spanish. ¡Qué divertido!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3