Second star to the right & straight on 'til morning!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Tick-tock! Tick-tock! Is that a crocodile I hear? I can't even begin to explain how excited I am that J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan is finally arriving in Southern California. Every time I think of it... it feels like my heart is going to explode and spray glittering pixie dust everywhere!!

The groundbreaking production first premiered in London's Kensington Gardens. This is the place where Barrie was inspired by the Llewelyn Davies family to create Peter Pan so it was a 100-year homecoming. (A bronze statue of Peter Pan has stood in Kensington Gardens since 1912.) The stage show played for sixteen weeks to a sold-out crowd of 200,000 people including a few members of the royal family. It has since made its U.S. debut in San Francisco and now arrives at our very own (beloved) Orange County Performing Arts Center.

The awfully big adventure takes place in the world's first 360-degree video projection theatre pavilion, presented by threesixty Entertainment at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. The 100-foot tent structure was erected on a grassy area behind Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall and is held together by four external supports with no interior poles, to ensure an unobstructed view for the entire audience, as well as a clear flight path for the show’s airborne actors. A circular stage surrounded by ten huge 360-degree projection screens puts the audience right in the middle of it all. The combined experience allows you to fly with Peter Pan over Edwardian London and into Neverland! How amazing is that?!

Our children are going to flip out and I'm going to be right there with them. Does anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes before I get all emotional and start to cry? Heck, I already cried when I watched this promotional video. This is sure to be a spectacularly magical adventure!

Tickets may be purchased online at OCPAC.org or by calling the box office at (714) 556-2787.

Discounted tickets are available for preview performances between September 28th and October 3rd. The preview performances offer an opportunity to be among the first in Southern California to see this amazing production, and see it for less! Tickets are available for all preview performances for $50.

Preview performances will be held on the following dates and times:

- Tuesday, September 28 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, September 30 at 6 p.m.
-
Friday, October 1 at 6 p.m.
-
Saturday, October 2 at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.
-
Sunday, October 3 at 12:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.


Check out the OC Register's Peter Pan microsite for updates.

tick-tock! tick-tock!

Photo of 360 Theatre tent erection by Nicholas Koon Photography

Labels: , ,


0 Responses to “Second star to the right & straight on 'til morning!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3