Joy! Joy! Joy!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Disney's "Give A Day. Get A Day." program makes me giddy! I absolutely love the entire concept. I know some skeptics will say that people are only doing it for the free ticket, so the good deed somehow doesn't count, but I think that is unfair. If a free ticket to Disneyland gets people to volunteer for a worthwhile organization then it's a good thing. Period! Just think of how many hearts will be opened to the magic of volunteering in their community. There is no greater reward than that feeling of helping to make the world a better place. So many people will continue volunteering long after the glow of their day at Disneyland has worn off. Those who want to extend the goodwill even further can donate their ticket to one of the following non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks:
  • Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
  • Boys & Girls Clubs of Florida
  • Dreams take Flight Canada
In a quick search, I found local organizations that accept volunteers as young as 6 years old. Young children can assist with refurbishing books, make blankets, prepare meals for the homeless, fill food boxes, clean beaches, walk animals, clean cages, etc. The value of the lesson of service is unparalleled.


0 Responses to “Joy! Joy! Joy!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3