The Pumpkin Patch Experience


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got a kick out of a recent post over at Peace, Love & Momminess. During the entire month of October Armstrong Garden Center is offering all the pumpkins you can carry for the price of just one. Well, Debbie and her husband made this cute video showing some folks piling on the pumpkins in an effort to beat their previous years record. The man trying to stack them a bit high between his legs was showing some serious determination. I am considering challenging Drew to this one. It would be fun to see if my extra-long reach would fair as well as his muscles.


The kids are getting antsy because I've been putting it off our annual visit to the pumpkin patch. I cant help it. It just feels all wrong in this heat. I let them each choose a pumpkin at Trader Joe's the other day to hold them over (only $3.49 each), but that just isn't the same as the pumpkin patch experience. We were going to head over to Tanaka Farms in Irvine yesterday after our family picnic but it was ridiculously hot and the kids started crashing from their sugar highs as soon as we got in the car. We have all agreed that we will go next weekend regardless of the weather.

We just love Tanaka Farms for pumpkin picking. The kids like to take a ride out to the corn maze on the tractor-pulled wagon. We all enjoy the stop at the pumpkin cannon. It just cracks us all up to watch those little pumpkins fly. There's also an excellent petting zoo, fun games for the kids, an arts and crafts area, delicious treats and lots of great photo ops. Tanaka Farms is open everyday from 9am-6pm and you won't find friendlier service anywhere. There is no admission charge and parking is always free.

The Carter Family Adventure Team hamming it up at Tanaka Farms in the past.





2 Responses to “The Pumpkin Patch Experience”

  1. Anonymous catherine myers 

    the 7 day forecast says it's gonna cool down for a few days, then heat back up next weekend - ugh... bring on the cool weather!

    catherine

  2. Anonymous Debbie, Peace Love and Momminess 

    Looks like a great day at Tanaka!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3