A whole new week


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



and now Drew is home sick. Ugh! I can't wait until this bug leaves our house for good. We're all still have hacking coughs, but the antibiotics are done and the boys and I are on the mend. I was teasing Drew that he just waited to get sick so that he wouldn't have to share the attention.

Our light at the end of the tunnel is that we are really looking forward to is having dinner with my friend, Teresa and her husband Ty this Saturday night. We have a reservation at Fleming's Steak House in Newport Beach and I can't wait to enjoy some great conversation and a phenominal filet mignon. They will be in town because Teresa is teaching some of her fabulous classes at Scrapbook Oasis, which happens to be the coolest store ever!!

I am also excited because our friends, Nora and Sean are expecting a baby any time. They are adopting a newborn and the birth mother is getting really close to delivery date. I know they are very anxious to begin their new lives together and I can't wait to meet little Miss Darby Jane. Keep them in your thoughts this week.

In other news... there are only 13 shopping days left until my birthday! I can't believe I am going to be 37! Sometimes I feel like I was 17 just last week. Was that really 20 years ago? YIKES! : }


7 Responses to “A whole new week”

  1. Blogger Joanna Bolick 

    Darby Jane? That is the cutest name EVEr!! Love that! Hope the sickness is gone SOON!!! Yuck!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I've been reading Nora's blog daily (ok, sometimes 3 times daily!) anxious to hear about Darby Jane's arrival!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I've been on baby watch too, stalking Nora's blog looking for news of Darby's arrival! How fun that you are dining with Teresa and hubby! Tell her hello for me and give her a hug! My birthday is the 18th, fellow Pisces. But I am MUCH younger, only going to be 34;)

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I have to miss you, Teresa & red meat??? Oh the torture! I can't bear to think of it.

    As for the shopping days till your birthday I already have a gift wrapped and waiting. :) My fingers are crossed that you like it.

    Thanks for all the good thoughts...we need them.

  5. Blogger Birgit 

    Hi Karen, Hope you all get better soon! A sick MAN in the house is terrible!!! They have the same as we women do but act as of it's ten times worse, haha! Wish you a great weekend and dinner!!!

  6. Blogger Emily 

    Karen...just stopping by to say hey! hope you're doin well. xoxo

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    WOWser!! I wanna be you for a day!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3