Tender Lovings


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Would you just look at this gorgeous heart-shaped box of See's chocolates! I was beyond thrilled to recieve this from my wonderful husband this Valentine's Day. I have never had a heart-shaped box of candy before and it's something I have always dreamed of. It's just not the kind of thing you ask for because that would suck all of the romance right out of it. It has to be a special surprise... and it was! I'm in love!!!

This layout featuring my niece, Val, was a Scrapper's Bliss Design Team assignment for February. I had to lift ideas from an ad, fashion, a person, etc. I was inspired by Tia Bennett's "Full Full full" layout and got her permission to use it. I think Tia is a terrific person and I was so excited to meet her at CHA in Las Vegas. It took me two days to track her down and, like a big dope, I forgot to take a photo of us once we did meet. {smacks forehead}

Another high note... my best friend and her husband just brought home a 6 month old baby girl that they are going to adopt. She is the half sister to the 5 year old boy they adopted in 2005. I have yet to meet her in person, but her photos are so cute! The baby shower is this Sunday, so I will see her then. I hope the adoption process runs as smoothly as possible for them. They deserve everything to be perfect.

On a downer note... (life isn't all peaches and cream you know) We had to cancel our scuba diving classes. I had to get a medical release, but my asthma held me back yet again. I went to see my doctor two days in a row for breathing tests and failed. I am only breathing at 58% of my lung capacity. I was floored!! I haven't had an attack in over a year, so I thought I was doing quite well. I guess "well" for me is still crappy for everyone else. Diving is too risky and he wouldn't sign the release. : { You can bet I will be working on building up my lung strength so we can give this another try in the future. I am just so disappointed that we won't be allowed to do any diving while we are in Maui this summer.


7 Responses to “Tender Lovings”

  1. Blogger Sandra 

    Love your layout!!!
    Bummer that you can't do your diving lessons!
    You're going to Maui aswell? ;)

    xoxo Sandra

  2. Blogger Sherri 

    Sorry you are missing out on the scuba lessons! Your lo is a beautiful as your niece!

    Sherri S
    rosie-scrapper

  3. Blogger darcy 

    LOVE that LO!! Such fun and pretty colors!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That LO is Adorable!!! I love it!

  5. Blogger Lorrie 

    Yummy looking candies, great photo! Awesome LO! Sorry about the scuba thing. I'm also asthmatic, sucks huh?

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    sorry you didn't pass that second test. what a bummer!

    i LOVE that layout - so colorful and fun! she is beautiful. great job!

    thanks again for the SU party! :)

    laura

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Yummy chocolate. I love everything heart shaped. I'm a total SAP!

    And I love the layout. YUM...

    Typing laying down still. I did drive today. That is good! Steve is skiing in Colo. so necessity prevailed!

    Track down that voodoo doll please! This is over the edge insanity I tell ya!

    HUGS K!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3