The Happiest Family on Earth


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday, Daddy took us all to Disneyland to celebrate our birthdays. The boys had no idea we were going until we were ready to walk out the door. They went nuts when Dad told them the news! Uncle Mark went with us and he was like a kid again. He had not been to the Big D in ten years or so. I think I was more excited than anyone. I just adore Disneyland! Drew and I have many happy memories there and we enjoy sharing our favorite place with our children.

We went to City Hall to get our birthday badges as soon as we got there. The kids really enjoyed all of the birthday wishes they received from cast members and other guests. Then we headed straight over to have our customary corn dogs to hold us over until lunch and were on our way. The park was fairly empty so lines were minimal. The longest line we waited in was for Nemo, which was actually too frightening for the little kids on the sub. There was lots of crying and eye covering. They may need to rework that one a bit. Cole loved the Haunted Mansion and Noah rode Buzz Lightyear twice.

We had lunch at Club 33 and were treated to their delicious birthday desserts. YUM! We were so impressed with Noah's manners at the table. He is always pretty well mannered but he pulled out all the stops yesterday. He really understood that he was somewhere special and being almost seven turned him into the perfect little gentleman. He ordered his own milk and let the waitress know he didn't want the kiddy cup because "a regular cup will be fine. Thank you." I asked him if he would like cocktail sauce for his shrimp and he replied, "lemon will be fine, please." He kept his hands folded on his lap while he waited for his food and he even folded his napkin on his chair when he left the table to use the restroom too. I was practically in tears! Our little boy is growing into a fine little gentleman and we are so proud of him. Cole did really well too. I think making them put on dress shirts before we entered the club helped them settle down and adjust their attitude accordingly. Cole was on cloud nine that they served a cocktail glass filled with s'more ingredients and that their was a light-up Capt. Hook on his color-changing straw. Sweet!

All in all, it was just a perfect day. The boys behaved so well, lines were short, the weather was great and we found a clear spot to view the end of the parade trail. I can't wait to go back! I just wish my feet didn't hurt so much today! OH! That reminds me... near the end of the day we realized Cole was wearing Noah's shoes which are 3 sizes too big. He always wears rain boots everywhere so I guess he didn't remember which sneakers were his when I sent him upstairs to put "real" shoes on. He never complained, but we were surprised they never fell off! Too funny.

Here are the first round of photos from camera 1 of 3. More to follow later.

Labels: , , ,


0 Responses to “The Happiest Family on Earth”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3