In happier news


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sorry about the little rant. Had a bad day. Feeling better now.

So, today I am making plans for my Mom's birthday. She is turning 70 on February 28th so my siblings and I thought it would be fun to celebrate all month long. We each took one weekend of February to celebrate with Mom and our own family. We tried to cook up something all together but it was impossible with everyone's busy schedules and varied budgets. I think she is going to enjoy this much better anyway.

We are also considering taking a vacation this year. Not sure what we want to do yet. The boys will be 5 & 7 in March and some places just don't have enough stuff for small kids to do. We have talked about a Mexican cruise or an RV trip to Yosemite. We also thought it would be fun to hop on a train to somewhere. The cruise might be nice because we can take them to a kid zone and hit the spa! Please tell me about vacations you have taken with small kids. Where did you go? What did you do? So far we've only taken them to Mammoth (snow), Lake Arrowhead in the summer and last spring we went to Kauai. They travel really well and are patient so long trips aren't a problem.

Ok, gotta take a run to Costco for RedBull and juice boxes. Have a happy day! I am!


4 Responses to “In happier news”

  1. Blogger echowein 

    Go to Yosemite! We love it there. We won't get to go this year because we are finally taking a trip to Maui for 2wks! There is SO much to do for kids in Yosemite and not to mention it's beautiful.
    I hear ya on the bad days....argh...

  2. Blogger Leslie Ashe 

    Hi Karen :)
    Yosemite sounds like a fabulous place. Just wanted to stop by and leave you with a hello. Hope you're doing well!! ~Leslie Ashe~

  3. Blogger Lyneen 

    Karen the perfect cruise for kids is one of the Disney ones if they still have them on the big red boat... I know a few years ago my brother took his kids and they had a BLAST... they didn't even know mom & dad existed!!!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    we're doing the Disney cruise this summer--they're even going out of Long Beach so no long flights to Florida!!

    Miss you!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3