Hi! Remember me?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hi old friends!
I've been away from this blog since last summer, but I see that people are still checking in every day. Why? I haven't a clue! So I've decided to start blogging again. If nothing else, it might scare off the last remaining readers! Ha!

Let's catch up...
Since last July I have been CRAZY busy. Not "Britney" crazy, I'm just talkin' totally nutso running around like a chicken with my head cut off kind of crazy. We've been fussing with both kids in school, Noah's chess club & science club, cub scouts, Drew's jury duty, selling a car, buying a new car, my 20-year class reunion, Drew's back problems, tearing down my scrap room to make a guest room, my new hobby, the holidays, etc. Just life in general, I guess.

We've had a load of fun too. We took the kids to their first concert to see Harry & The Potters. (We are HUGE Harry Potters fans around here!) The boys were in the summer book club. Noah started 1st grade and Cole started preschool! Drew & I spent a long weekend without kids in San Diego. Halloween was rockin'! The boys got a new telescope and went on their first fishing trip. We went to see Cirque du Soleil, saw lots of movies, took a boat ride during the Newport Holiday Boat Parade and a few nights ago we went to the Improv to see Joel McHale from The Soup on E!. Tons of fun stuff like that.

The holidays were really great! We refused quite a few invitations and spent more time at home just watching movies in our pj's, playing games and enjoying each others company. It was great to turn down the volume on holiday chaos and take it slow. It was really special for all of us this year. Sadly, I ended up getting sick on Xmas eve and spent most of Xmas day sleeping. We had tickets to see a Disney ice show on Xmas night, but i was too sick to go. Our friend, Rich, was kind enough to go along with Drew and the boys. They had a great time and I got some much-needed rest. I was sick the entire week leading up to New Years. That kind of sucked, but we made the best of it.

Enough about us. What has kept you busy during the last 6 months? I really would love to hear about it so share!

It's good to be home.
Love,
K

P.S. Here are some random photos taken during my break from this blog. Enjoy!
















6 Responses to “Hi! Remember me?”

  1. Blogger echowein 

    First off let me say "hi" and I was sitting here going through Oasis' site looking at peoples blogs and thought I wonder if you still were blogging? Funny, you just started back up. Glad to hear from you and your family all looks great! Would love to see ya again.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    yay..she's back :)

    I still have you on my fav's list!!

    You look great in all the photos too...

  3. Blogger Chrys 

    I was actually thinking about you today Karen!!!! Glad I found your blog again! Oh, lots of happened to me in the last 6 months...biggest news is that dh got an amazing new job and I got to quit mine!!!! :) :) :) Miss seeing you around girl!!!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    omg! Hi Karen! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Sorry you were sick over the holidays, though. There was a nasty thing going around my work/house, too. Anyway, great to "see" you again!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    How funny...I was randomly looking at one of my old wedding layouts on 2 peas (from like 2006!) and I came across a little praise from you so I clicked on your blog link...and was pleasantly surprised to see you back here! :) So I must know - what is this new hobby of yours?! ;) Glad to see you are all doing well.

  6. Blogger Lyneen 

    Glad to see you back... WOW I LOVE THE GREEN FROG BOOTS... I HAVE MY VERY OWN PAIR!!!!!!!!!! I wear them all the time when I work in the yard!

    don;t tell anyone... but I have been known to be one of those individuals that periodially checked on your blog... OHHHHHHH...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Karen (Cupcake) Carter
  • From Orange County, California, United States
  • I am happily married to my best friend and proud to be the Mommy of two sweet little boys. My world revolves around these three handsome guys. Everything I do is for or because of them. I am happy to the core!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Organizations I Support


ATOM 0.3